Under promotion of Gloria program by the Ministry of Science and Technology, the National Sun Yat-sen University collaborates with Kaohsiung and Pingtung area colleges to form the Southern Taiwan Global Research & Industry Alliance, with ILO in charge of its operations. Unveiled in January 31, 2018, the Office strives to mine the research energy of alliance colleges, go in depth into the industry network to understand corporate needs and social trends, actively provide assistance in creation, coordination and execution of industry-academia collaboration opportunities, resolve industry R&D problems, and promote commercialization of research results and cultivate new talents. At the same time an international collaboration platform is created to link the technical teams of all alliance colleges with corporations and research units worldwide.
- To get in touch with industries proactively, understand industrial needs.
- To maintain industrial relationship.
- To offer one-stop industry-academia services.
- To focus on the advantages of Kaohsiung & Pingtung area colleges.
- To plow into advanced technology and innovative applications.
- To promote research results, assist school entrepreneurial teams.
- To link up international corporations with research centers to keep Taiwan in step with international trends.